Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kevin Durant 2013-2014 MVP

As I predicted in one of my earlier blogs, Kevin Durant won the 2013-2014 NBA MVP award for the first time in his career. Durant had the best season of his six year career, averaging 32 points per game, 7.4 rebounds, and 5.5 assists. KD won the MVP very easily, getting 119 of the 125 first place votes. LeBron James had the other 6 first place votes. James agreed that Durant deserved the award, "he deserved it, for sure. It's big-time on his part. His maturity level went up every single season both on and off the floor." This is the first of many MVPs for Durant.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Kevin Durant should have been the MVP. 40 games this year he scored 35 points plus their is not doubt he was the most valuable player this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Durant deserved to win the award this season. I also think he will win multiple more MVP awards but I think it's going to be very difficult for him to with some of the emerging stars in today's game, and of course, Lebron James.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't be more happy to see KD be the league MVP. Personally, I'm sick of LeBron and I know many other people are too. Yeah he's one of the greatest players ever but he's not the only player. Even though KD was playing out of his mind every single night, there was still rumor of LeBron potentially being named MVP. Needless to say if James beat out Durant for the award this year, it would be so evident that the NBA is flawed as a whole and that they "play favorites". It's Durant's time, he has an NBA title coming his way this year. Sorry LeBron no three-peat for you.

    ReplyDelete